About Me

St Helier, Jersey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom
I'm bright, funny (I think so), witty (ditto)and a bit cheeky. I admire intelligence, compassion, good manners, good sense of humour, good conversation, like having my feet tickled, cycling, music, chocolate and the sea. I dislike, ignorance, arrogance, hypocrisy, litter bugs, cruelty to children & animals, violence, Johnny Vegas and the word 'incorrigible'!

Saturday 20 October Day 21

40k mainly on hills.....hard on the legs....and on the derriere..
80c in Hanoi today, 48% humidity....going to be a great hair trip!
Calendars on sale in M&S today.....with me on the front it's sure to be detrimental to food sales!!

Day 1 - Saturday 10th February 2007

Today is the first day of my countdown to my Cycle Vietnam challenge in November. Today I have: a. set up a fund raising page at http://www.justgiving.com/siobhanmartina b. set up this blog to track my training progress and no doubt many frustrations; and c. started my training. It has to be said that I'm feeling a tad righteous! In saying that I feel that I have to mention that my training took place on my exercise bike at home....come on!!...it's far too cold and wet for the real thing! I'm looking at about April for that!!! I've set myself a goal of doing at least 1 hour on the bike every day and have had the most wonderful idea of how to get over the tedium of getting nowhere slowly! Yes... I'm going to watch the whole series of 'The Sopranos'....series 1-6 in fact! When I've finished these I'll then move onto '24' ...again...every series available on DVD. But panic not my sweets, amongst all this toil, I will also be going to the gym....I'll be the one with the very pink cheeks at Fitness First! How come some girls look great exercising and some look like...well....me?! My stats on the bike for today were: RPM - 72 / SPEED - 28 / TIME - 60 mins / DISTANCE - 26.48 / CALORIES - 599 ( = 1 Mint Aero & 1 Ripple!) But as the old saying goes, 'The best laid plans of mice and Siobhans' or as my lovely Mother would say, 'The road to hell is paved with good intentions!'. Till next time...